Church Ministry Team
Heartland's Church Ministry Team (CMT) is the leadership team overseeing ministry and operations from the Heartland campus to the Siouxland community. It is comprised of team leaders from each of the main ministries. CMT meetings are the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm at the church.
Head Deacon: Alex Quintanilla
Because we care for you and your family, the pastor and deacons of Heartland are committed to the Deacon Family Ministry Plan. We want to make certain that every member and family in our church experiences the love and support of the whole congregation. We want to be known throughout our community as a loving and caring church.
What is the Deacon Family Ministry Plan? It is a plan through which the deacons can join the pastor in ministering to the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of everyone that considers Heartland their home church. Each person or family is assigned to a deacon who will minister to them.
How can a deacon help you? Of course, you are the only one who can answer that question. However, there are some specific ways your deacon wants to try to help:
- Visiting you –Your deacon will make visits throughout the year when someone in your family is in the hospital or you have a sorrow or sickness in the home.
- Witnessing to unsaved family members – One of your deacon’s chief concerns is that every member of your family knows Christ as Savior.
- Rejoicing with you and your family – Your deacon will share your joy when you celebrate important events or accomplishments in your life.
- Being a friend – As your deacon listens to your troubles and concerns, you will know someone who cares.
- Connecting – Your deacon can assist you in connecting with others in a small group.
- Giving support in times of crisis – Sometimes your deacon can help you through the crisis by listening and giving support. Other times your deacon will know someone else or a community agency that can help.
- Answering questions about your faith or about your church – Your deacon will find the answers for you.
- Helping you get to know and have fellowship with other members and families in the church – Your deacon will encourage you to participate in social occasions when families in the assigned group get together for fun and fellowship.
- Helping you find ways to serve in and through the church – Your deacon will watch for opportunities for you to use the talents, skills and abilities God has given you.
- Praying for you and with you – Believing that you are important and believing in the power of prayer, your deacon will join with the pastor and other deacons in praying for you and each member of your family.
In the Deacon Family Ministry Plan every member and every family have a deacon. We believe this ministry will have a significant contribution in helping Heartland function like a family. Your cooperation will help make the plan work. Feel free to call your deacon. Your deacon will seek to help you or link you to another helping person.
Team Leader: Gary Olsen
Discipleship is following Jesus, being transformed by Jesus and committed to Jesus' mission.
MT 4:19 And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."
Discipleship at Heartland is intentional, relationship and reproducible. We are commanded to make disciples by Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20).
Outreach and Missions Team
Team Leader: Jeff Crull
Outreach & Missions is: SHARING THE GOOD NEWS WITH OTHERS
The Outreach team oversees the annual block party in the fall, Easter Eggstravaganza in the Spring, missions trips, evangelism, and training.
This team also oversees the collection and distribution of money supporting missionaries. Heartland gives 12% of all non-designated tithes and offerings to missions. It breaks down as follows:
8% supports the Cooperative Program to include the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board. Heartland is one of 51,000 churches supporting 10,000+ missionaries around the world.
4% supports missions to include but not limited to the following:
- Youth for Christ
- Children to Love (India & Romania)
- Her Health Women's Center
- The Sioux City Gospel Mission
- Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Siouxland Christian Schools
- One for Israel
"This is so that God's multi-faceted wisdom may now be made known through the church to the rulers and authorities in the heavens." Eph. 3:10 (HCSB)
"For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. But how can they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe without hearing about Him? And how can they hear without a preacher?" Rom. 10:13-14 (HCSB)
Team Leader: Mike Olsen
At Heartland, we believe that worship is so much more than just music. Worship is the ultimate priority for a christian and we strive to provide an environment that facilitates a focus on God and praise of who He is. Our Worship Team oversees the praise team, sound and lighting, video and stage production.
Team Leader: Jerry Walker
Fellowship is: BEING AN ACTIVE PART OF GOD'S FAMILY
"You are the body of Christ, and individual members of it." I Corinthians 12:27 (HCSB)
"as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another" Romans 12:4-5 (HCSB)
"let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works not staying away from our meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near." Hebrews 10:24-25 (HCSB)
Come join our fellowship time every Sunday morning from 8:00am to 8:30 am before the first service, and 10:45am to 11:00am before the second service. It's a great time to get to know one another and catch up.
The Fellowship Team is also responsible for wedding and baby showers, funeral related meals, annual picnic and pool party and church-wide fellowship meals and activities.
Team Leader: Dave Guggenmos
Service Ministry is: MEETING NEEDS WITH LOVE
“By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have <strong>love for one another” John 13:35 (HCSB)
"And the King will answer them, I assure you: Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40 (HCSB)
At Heartland every member is a "MINISTER; Every Member has a MINISTRY; Every task is IMPORTANT
Every Member is a Missionary; Every task is a Mission
Our service team at Heartland Community Baptist church is dedicated to sharing the love of Christ through hands-on service. This is done by taking care of the church facilities and property.
The service team is always looking for new faces
Team Leader: Joann Jeffs
Our Prayer Team is absolutely vital to the spiritual health and well being of our church.